Monday 11 October 2010

Only Bright Colours

When I saw the first picture of this home I thought, teens of course. I was quite surprised to learn that this bright and shiny home belongs to a recently retired English lady.

When Gitte moved to her new home, she brought next to no furniture. She says: ‘Moving without furniture is liberating. I’m always trying new things. The results can be chaotic as I am messy by nature. I have learned to live with my ‘disorder’ by creating systems so I can find every little thing.'
Rolls of fabric sit on hooks above the door, pens are in pots hooked on a rail system, notes are fixed to magnetic boards and boxes on open shelving are colour-coded. ‘Changing the colours in my home energises me. I love getting out my paint and roller and colouring a table top or shelves. You should feel free to change your home to suit how you live.’


UK_GITTE

UK_GITTE

UK_GITTE

UK_GITTE

UK_GITTE

UK_GITTE

UK_GITTE

UK_GITTE

UK_GITTE

UK_GITTE

UK_GITTE

UK_GITTE

Something different today. Hope you enjoyed visiting Gitte's home. Would love to hear your feedback!
All images from here.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning...makes me want to add pops of color to my home - wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! WHAT FUN!! How daring and fun. I don't know if I could actually live there but it would be a great escape or vacation place. I could see this as a backyard cottage.....I wonder how it would make me feel to live with all of the splashy colors?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Widget By Devils Workshop