Thursday 28 October 2010

White on White Home

Paula and Artur have 4 kids and live in a white home. This is what each member of the family have to say about it:

Paula: ‘What makes our white home work?’ ‘People think I’m chicken for only using white but I came to this through a process. The more white I added, the calmer I felt. I pick furniture that’s designed to rescue life’s mistakes, everything is washable. And I’m neat. Time is a luxury with four kids, why waste it searching for things? For me chores are life’s little pleasures. I share them with the kids. When they’re small like Ella, 3, and Kalle, 1, being involved is enjoyable. Nils, 11, and Noa, 8, are older and have a different idea of what’s fun!’

Artur: ‘For my wife Paula it’s important that this place is functional, but I love the aesthetic of our white home. It’s so bright it almost feels transparent. I love the feeling of openness – it’s energising.’

Nils: ‘Our home is so WHITE!!!!!!!! I like white, but it would be nice to see some blue or yellow. Life is easier in a tidy house and rules are OK but sometimes they mean I have to do more chores than my younger sister Noa. I like my room best – I enjoy having some space and privacy!’

Noa: ‘I have this great idea to paint my room like the sky – light blue with a yellow sun and white stars. Our home is mega fantastic and the best thing is the huge bed in Mum and Dad’s room. On Saturdays we all sit on the bed and watch movies.’

NLHOUSE

NLHOUSE
Even the baby's pacifier is white!

NLHOUSE


NLHOUSE

NLHOUSE

NLHOUSE

NLHOUSE

NLHOUSE

NLHOUSE

NLHOUSE

NLHOUSE

NLHOUSE

NLHOUSE

All images from here.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

  1. It is peaceful. I sometimes wish I could try it for a while to see if I could live with it....but I think I like color to much. Would it not be cool if Hotel rooms offered different colors in their rooms--it would be fun to see how it made me feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the white!
    Love this house!
    The better thing about white is that you can add any colour you like to any room and it looks spectacular!
    Thanks for sharing this classy and so warming house.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Widget By Devils Workshop