Saturday 12 May 2012

Scandinavian Style in England

Hello, dear readers. Hope you are all enjoying your Saturday.
Eva Johnson is Swedish but she now lives in this mid fifteenth century restored farmhouse, located among the meadows and hills of Suffolk, in England. A lot of work was needed to complete the restoration. Eva says the house looked like it had been taken directly from Edgar Allan Poe's "The Fall of the House of Usher". Shudder! Most of the furniture belonged to Eva's grandparents. Hope you enjoy our tour!













view-source:http://www.kochamwies.pl/images/articles/original/13438_1292399886.jpg

























Photography: Christopher Drake
Source

Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

  1. Kifus, you did it again!! The perfect combination: Swedish style in the English countryside. Charming! Charming! I really love this house! It has the perfect pale patina.....and lovely gardens, too. Thank you, my friend, for posting. I will pin to my boards on Pinterest.
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh to live in such beauty and serenity.......
    a genius blend, love it!
    debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kifus,
    Wow, the grounds and exterior are so British, but the inside decor definitely has a Scandinavian feel to it. It's very cozy and inviting.
    Have a wonderful Mother's Day, Kifus.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This might be my favorite yet... it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the interior of this house Kifus. The owner or stylist certainly has an eye for detail. I love the vintage gray piece repurposed as a low coffee table. Beautiful.

    Have a wonderful remainder of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh what a beautiful home, I am glad I dropped by as I haven't visited for a while and this home has cheered me up and given me a few ideas.

    Lee ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very relaxing and inspiring home. Loving specially the bedroom, I can see me sleeping there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pure serenity! A wonderful cottage for people who love gardening and the outdoors (like me!!). A beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A new reader here, and just on merely the fourth house tour, but this one took my breath away. I so love every single detail. Absolutely gorgeous selection. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Gosia! So happy to have you here!

      Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Widget By Devils Workshop