Saturday 19 December 2009

Interior Designer Kathryn Scott: A Brooklyn Town House

Good morning, hope you are having a lovely Saturday. And if your house is in a mess, don't worry. Come and daydream of a nice tidy house in New York.
Interior designer Kathryn Scott used a mixture of French and minimalist styles for this town house in Brooklyn. Architect Claude Puaux created the front façade.







The 2005 pseudo-calligraphic work is by Wenda Gu. The table was custom-made out of a large slab of wood. I like the way the benches follow the curve of the table.


Simple, clean cut lines.


Dark wood paneling, inset with bands of encaustic wallcovering, gives the den a clubby feel. When I first saw this room I didn't realize it was in the basement!


Photography by Bruce Buck
From Architectural Digest

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

  1. Hello from Claude Puaux's country !
    What I like about the front of the house is the color of the stone. Limestone ? Imported from Ile de France ?
    You could tell the interior designer doesn't have the same tastes, origins, and scopes : the 2nd pic is quite a shock. I like the panelled basement.
    I wonder anyway if that building isn't out of the place in the street...
    I would love to visit Brooklyn the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kifus,
    I LOVE your blog and I really like these images from interior designer Katryn Scott. What an amazing talent. I would love to know where they got the patio doors...they are fabulous...All the best, happy holidays, kelly mcguill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure that building stands out in the street! And I believe the front of the house was made with limestone. It certainly looks like it. Thanks so much for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This spectacular design and decoration, the way it was built because I loved the modern side of the houses that are in san francisco, and it's best to deceive the outside because they're very small but when you enter you can see what spacious than they're!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This spectacular design and decoration, the way it was built because I loved the modern side of the houses that are in san francisco, and it's best to deceive the outside because they're very small but when you enter you can see what spacious than they are!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Widget By Devils Workshop